Photobucket

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Back from my temporary leave of absence.

So here's an awkward yet honest confession: I haven't been keeping up with my current events. Usually I'm inspired to write/blog, but those sentiments are unsuitable for the time being. In fact, I've been putting off writing/righting for nothing other than school.

But then again, I shouldn't have to blog about new shit or new news when the newest news are just the same, just recycled and presented as fresh from a 'recent investigation.' It goes to show that the same issues are still as problematic. Perhaps a lot more now than ever. But CNN can go ahead and keep on airing the same stories that are coincidentally aligned with hot topics for this year's elections: the War on Terror, and immigration/border control (among others that are not necessarily more important, but receive less attention).



I woke up one morning to the Early Show (or something of the sort) reporters attempting to comment on the revolutionary art of the folded t-shirt. The reporters joked about the woman not making any sense and not being able to comprehend her language. Now, whose fault is that? Assuming that this video made great for a random-fun segment, it further corners an aspect of Asian culture into a realm of strangely attractive ritual. It disgusts me to see these videos translated into a trendy yet foreign cultural phenomenon. I saw the video long before it aired on national television and I saw it as something I could learn from. But I hated seeing it passed off as an odd fixture from the other side of the world. I don't take these things lightly, if you haven't already noticed.


To the bat cave.
x_magsalita.



Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]