Photobucket

Thursday, December 06, 2007

is this right?

"There were centuries when writing was a crime punishable by death. There were times when intelligence was a serious crime....In our exuberance, remember how we became privileged to think and to speak and write." - Carlos Bulosan

I'm working on a paper. Knowing that most of what I think or say is, surprisingly, seen as heretical or radical or just crazy, I usually like to test what "is" and "what's right." But in reality, I often have ineffable experiences. 

So, I'm writing about Barack Obama and how race and gender play out in presidential campaigns and media. Leaving out the crux of what I'm writing typing in my essay, I look up the Civil Rights Act to make my claims stronger and provide evidence blah blah blah, you know, the whole college-research-essay-writing deal, minus procrastinating and deciding to do it all the night before:


I clicked on ALL 3 links. (And No, I didn't Google it.)


And I found this! Decided it was blogworthy, and typed this:




So for this, Amerika, I, too, am Billing You For My Rights:

Rafael Casal - Billing Them For My Rights


x_magsalita.




Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]