Photobucket

Sunday, November 18, 2007

sweet music


What are your favorite albums ever of life? 

For me, it is so damn hard to come across a damn good album. I really don't think I require much; I am always looking for a really good R&B album. A really good album has tracks that should have been singles or make me feel like I'm glad this song wasn't a single or else everyone would call it 'my song' when it's really everyone's song. A good album evokes nostalgia. And it's indicative of pop culture foreal - it has to take me back to a space and time where I really felt like the song was made for me. I wished that music was more of a two-way creative process because I wanted to respond in more ways than supporting, purchasing, and singing along. An album must have songs that were worth starving myself out of middle school lunches for so that I could save up money just to buy 1 album or a couple of singles at the local Sam Goody. I did this religiously throughout 6th and 7th grade (right before Napster made its mark and right about the time when we invested in a computer and the Internet was 'fast' at 56K status). 

Thus, I give you my list of favorite albums ever of my life:

(to my roommates: Greatest Hits do not count! Boy bands are a given! hahaha)

And now, I must add Alicia Keys' As I Am to the list simply because I have been waiting for R&B music to make a comeback, especially off the heels of a woman (no pun intended). I refuse to let Ne-Yo be the sole ambassador of R&B music. Eff that.



x_magsalita.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]