Photobucket

Monday, March 24, 2008

got the eye? eye don't.

I've never really been good at this camera thing. You know, taking pictures to salvage memories or getting my digi cam working just right to get the right angle on something I only have 5 seconds to stare at. I'm better at taking pictures of scenes on the fly from my car or from the passenger's side of someone else's ride. 

As of late, I've been extremely irked at faux photography and wannabes with expensive cameras. Not hating, just wanting people to remember that there are those who dedicate their life into the rare times that they can spare to take great shots. Also, what may be someone's hobby is someone's else craft and passion. Don't get it twisted and don't front like you're pro. And don't be silly. Tread softly.

To spoof, here are samples of my great photography (and bad alignment, to boot):

















RIGHT: Taking pictures of already picturesque sights is sometimes unoriginal. 
LEFT: I tried to take a good picture of Kiwi performing. Instead I documented an out-of-body experience.
















LEFT: For the incriminating photos that are on your camera. Like those times when you want someone to see another picture that's on the same roll. And then said person thinks that it's okay to continue clicking through your collection, when really, it's not.
RIGHT: When you forget that the flash is on. This was supposed to be a picture on the Las Vegas Strip.










































LEFT (top): What was supposed to be a group of friends in Downtown San Jose. Maybe I didn't have 'night feature' notch on, I don't know. Or maybe strangers (or poets) walking down the street aren't equipped with enough street know-how and shouldn't be allowed to lay a finger in my camera anymore.
RIGHT (top): For those times that you are too damn slow.
LEFT (mid): Sorry, Denizen Kane. My bad. I can't take performance shots, either.
RIGHT (mid): I couldn't capture an accurate shot of Christmas in the Park. Maybe I can't hold still
LEFT (bottom): A street scene super distorted.
RIGHT (bottom): A really, really bad picture.




LEFT: People think they're so funny. And you're the one left with the burn. And what's worse, the person you're tryna take a picture with isn't even looking.
RIGHT: When you think you got the right angle, even on the fly, but the result proves you wrong.

IF YOU EVER CLOSE YOUR CAMERA.... (they got blogs for everything these days):

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]